Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sooners first game postponed

The Sooners hockey club was forced to leave the playing surface during warmups for their contest with Kent State, Saturday night in Gates Mills, OH.

Concerns with Carbon Monoxide within the ice arena hosting the national tournament caused authorities to evacuate the building.

Several people had called the fire department with complaints of headaches and dizziness. Once on the scene, firefighters measured the air and found far to much CO in the air. 

Sooner defenseman Greg Curtiss said he felt the effects during the warm up period. 

"I got a splitting headache, but just thought it was because of the energy supplements I had taken prior to the game," Curtiss said.

Oklahoma's first round match with Kent State has been moved to Sunday night, at 8:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment